The Grange is a beautiful Georgian house dating in part to pre-1800. It was once owned by William Provis (Chief Engineer to Thomas Telford for certain projects).
The public rooms include a lounge with open fireplace, overlooking the front terrace and lawn; a golden 'meeting room' overlooking the front lawn; a wood-panelled dining room; a large conservatory (which converts to a painting studio for the painting weekends); and a first-floor library with bay windows that give glorious views over the grounds, and surrounding fields (Ellesmere church can just be seen from here).
The house has some beautiful architectural features, including some 1930s glass ceilings and a cupola, designed to allow light into the darker areas of the house. It also has a 1930s’ bathroom, complete with original spray shower - but whether everyone can see it depends on the goodwill of the person staying in the adjoining bedroom!
There are thirteen bedrooms in the main house and stable block, most of which are twins or doubles with en-suite bathrooms. There are three single rooms that share bathrooms. All rooms are comfortably furnished and have tea and coffee making facilities. Towels are provided for course participants.
For accessibility statement please click here.
You may also like to watch the short film about the Grange here.